Saturday, October 10, 2009

10-02-09

Observations from: Holiday Park, Benbrook Lake, Texas:
Site 64. I was at the lake all day. I saw a Belted Kingfisher male again; probably the same bird I've seen recently. Wild Turkeys flew across road on my way back from the convenience store around 2 p.m. I saw a hook-winged raptor fly over heading away from the lake- I think it was an Osprey, which I need for my life list. Couldn’t id positively- it was facing away and went by to quickly. Cool just the same. I also saw an awesome flock of what I’m almost sure was American White Pelicans. It was cool- I was fishing, and raised my binoculars to look at a large aircraft flying by in the distance. Then I saw the flock. Also saw a large flock of apparent cormorants come in to roost on a dead tree-line that ran across the lake at a distance. I saw a Western Kingbird, and had the usual great looks at GEgrets,GBHerons, and Snowy Egrets. Also saw my new buddy the male Belted Kingfisher again.

No comments:

Post a Comment