Saturday, October 10, 2009

10-03-09

Observations from: Holiday Park, Benbrook Lake, Texas:
Stayed at site 71 tonight; a cool, overcast, misting evening. I saw a Great Horned Owl in a tree across the road! That was cool, haven't seen one since my early days in Oklahoma, when a pair lived on our 80 acres. I also saw- again- my probable Osprey. Every time I see him (OK- or her- the sexes look alike) he is flying fast and fairly high coming off the lake, away to the approximate NW. I can never get a good enough look to tell for sure if it IS an Osprey, but the profile (and habitat) sure is right. Also, as I drove to my campsite, a Greater Roadrunner ran across the road. I love roadrunners; they are cool. Once about a year ago when I was fishing near the marina at Benbrook Lake, I was able to watch one forage for awhile near me through the binoculars. Of course, I've seen them many times, especially near Tucson as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment