Saturday, October 10, 2009

9-08-09

Observations from: Holiday Park, Benbrook Lake, Texas:
So, I camped at my new "home" last night. I actually enjoyed it, mostly. I sat by the lake in a folding camp chair and watched birds for awhile. I saw a Great Egret, a great Blue Heron, a small heron which I later decided was either a Little Blue Heron, or a Reddish Egret (it fed kind of frenetically, so even though the RE is mostly coastal according to my field guides, it could have been?). I didn't take a good look at the bill color or the legs, which might have clinched it. Also saw a Turkey Vulture, a male Eastern Bluebird, a Western Kingbird, and heard about 5 billion Kildeer (but didn't see any in the binoculars). Also some American Crows. Some of these were "life" birds for me, since I am just starting to become a lister. More on this on future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment